/* 728x90, created 3/29/09 */ 4x4 Tahuya River Horse Cam A Sims Road and Trail System State Highway County Road primary Forest Road Secondary Forest Road 4 x 4 Trail Two Track Trunk Trail Single Track Trail All trails are 2 way. This trailhead provides visitors access to the only exclusively 4x4-designated trailhead in Tahuya State Forest. ... Tahuya 4x4 trails 9/13/19, 12:59:34PM) Not to motorcycle friendly but a couple good hill climbs ★ ★ ★ Jeffrey 1 year, 2 months ago . Joined: Oct 26, 2009 Member: #24923 Messages: 761 Gender: Male First Name: Ryan Vehicle: 06 Tacoma4x4 DC LB Silver TRD Sport SEE BUILD. Create your website today. Toyota 120 Platforms Forum > Meet, Trail Runs, Expeditions and Land Use > Meeting, Trail run and Expedition planning (WA) Tahuya State Park (Sept) Off-roading in Tehuya State Forest #jeeping #roadtrip #wildsideWA #explorehoodcanal #hoodcanal #OlympicPeninsula. Tahuya 4X4 Loop Trail. The loop is not that long and to avoid lots of waiting around this is ideal. Copyright ©1999-2013 NWJeepn.com,  All rights reserved. Camp Spillman via Goat Ranch Road. The trail takes visitors through 7 miles of 4x4 obstacles and adventure. Best off road driving trails in Tahuya State Forest, Washington 147 Reviews Explore the most popular ohv / off road driving trails in Tahuya State Forest with hand-curated trail maps and driving directions as well as detailed reviews and photos from hikers, campers and nature lovers like you. Many refer … There is camping allowed at the staging area. Post Reply. 2. Elfendahl Pass staging area is located at the trail head and about 10 minutes from the town of Belfair, WA. Quad and Moto trails. NE Elfendahl Pass Rd, Tahuya, WA 98588 Now we are looking to have quite a large group (15-25) so it has been suggested by multiple people that we split into two groups. Tahuya ORV Park Before you traverse Tahuya ORV Park via your 4x4 you’ll need to get a Discover Pass. A Washington Discover Pass is required. ORV use is intended to be restricted to the aptly named '4x4' trail. Tahuya State Forest Trail Map near Belfair, Washington. Tahuya State Forest is a 23,000-acre working forest located on the southeastern portion of the Hood Canal west of Belfair Washington in Mason County. Lots of gravelly trails and stuff that is way over my head but was pretty stoked about some of the climbs I pulled off. Super fun stuff. Many refer to the area incorrectly as an ORV park which it is not. When starting the trail stay to the right and follow the trail in a counter clockwise direction. This popular year … Jan 7, 2015 at 1:56 PM #1 #1. Contact Info. All of our trail guides contain high quality information, videos, pictures, and gpx downloads. Went to go check out the trails at Tahuya State Park. website builder. If anyone needs we'll stop in Belfair to gas up. This site was designed with the .com. Saturday March 16th 2013 This is an all day run to Tahuya State Forest. google_ad_client = "pub-5795075608034209"; At 9:45 AM we'll caravan to Tahuya. EASY 1.7 mi. google_ad_slot = "0392018614"; 10:00 AM Pacific Time (US ... but from what I have researched it can be done with a stock 4x4. Got dark on me quick, so I didn't get to do the entire stretch, but it was still fun nonetheless. The trail is well suited to full size vehicles although I wouldn't take a long bed truck due to some tight turns. ... Out on the 4X4 trail loop cross training for dirt riding. 120 tent sites, 47 full hookup sites. Gate (Some Gates closed seasonally) Road Blocked Tahuya State Forest Boundary Non-DNR Land DNR Managed Land Picnic Site Campground Trailhead I think this is where I will do most of my training. Web site. Directions: Start in Belfair. Oct 31, 2014 at 10:34 PM #1 #1. Camping spots are available if anyone wants to camp. Located to the southwest of Belfair, the Tahuya State Forest is a playground for motorcycles, ATVs, horseback riders and 4x4s. You can run this trail in either direction. Tahuya 4x4 loop trail. We will be on 2-strokes, I'm thinking a 2-day trip? google_ad_width = 728; Camp Spillman via Goat Ranch Road. Tahuya 4x4 Loop Trail. Take SR-300 for 3.5 miles. Building your rig is half the fun, making it your own style. Find the best 4x4, Jeep, ATV, Overland and Truck off-road trails in Washington. Mission Creek Overland Trail Junction Loop via Overland Trail. 4x4 loop North connector is a 1,102 m green dirt/gravel road trail located near Bremerton Washington. It offers many trails from novice to more extreme. (WA) Tahuya State Park - May 12th Meeting, Trail run and Expedition planning (WA) Tahuya State Park - May 12th - Toyota 120 Platforms Forum only search Toyota120 There is one short spur on the west side that leads to an open area with several large water or mud holes depending on the time of year that provide the opportunity to get your rig muddy if you are so inclined. This atv/orv/ohv primary trail can be used both directions. Contained within the authorized Tahuya 4x4 Trail System was a maze of user created trails and … //-->, function fbs_click() {u=location.href;t=document.title;window.open('http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u='+encodeURIComponent(u)+'&t='+encodeURIComponent(t),'sharer','toolbar=0,status=0,width=626,height=436');return false;} html .fb_share_link { padding:2px 0 0 20px; height:16px; background:url(http://static.ak.facebook.com/images/share/facebook_share_icon.gif?6:26981) no-repeat top left; }Share on Facebook. I only made about half the drescribed loop and still rode 16 miles. The area is cris crossed with miles of ATV and motorcycle trails however there is only one 4x4 trail. Cross a Tahuya River tributary at 15.6mi then ascend to a 16.1mi clearing before paralleling the Belfair Tahuya Rd back to the TH. following the signs for Belfair State park. Accessed off of Elfendahl Pass road the trail makes a loop that is just under 7 miles long. Of course the trail network is massive and lots of 4x4 trails. Pam Volz, President & CEO pvolz@northmasonchamber.com North Mason Chamber of … The rock gardens as well as most of the tough spots on the trail can all be bypassed. From Belfair drive south on Northshore Rd. Trail realignment is not as critical in that area, Brady said. At times route finding can be a bit confusing because of the intersecting ATV trails in the area. 47.483800867378-122.929458618164 11 satellite. The Howell Lake to Twin Lakes loop is most popular ride, with the more adventuresome / pathfinding Mission Creek - Overland loop for those seeking an all day excursion. Turn Right and continue on Elfendahl Pass road for another 2.3 miles to the trailhead. I've been wanting to hit up the Tahuya trail system outside of Belfair, Wa for quite some time. View Location View Map. Overland Loop, Tahuya Wa Lets get together and explore the Tahuya state forest ORV park. Tahuya 4x4 loop trail. 3. You can also access the "Twin Ponds Play Area" on this trail. Planning on meeting up at 10AM Sunday the 3rd. ... tahuya is fun and while it is not the hardest place to wheel it can still bite ya. most of the trails are tight and you will most likely get a good amount of pinstriping. Have it on you when you’re at Tahuya, as they may stop you and ask for it as they spot check off-road adventurers. Accessed off of Elfendahl Pass road the trail makes a loop that is just under 7 miles long. Map is geo-referenced and works on apps such as Avenza. Tahuya4x4LoopTrail LocatedtothesouthwestofBelfair,theTahuyaStateForestisaplaygroundformotor- cycles,ATVs,horsebackridersand4x4s.€Althoughtheareaiscriscrossedwithmilesof ATV and motorcycle trailsthere isonlyone 4x4 trail.€Accessed off of ElfendahlPass roadthetrailmakesaloopthatisjustunder7mileslong. Although there are a few areas that will twist the suspension a bit, this trail is easily done with a stock Jeep. Post Reply. The next timber sale involving off-road vehicle users is the 178-acre Collins Timber sale in the western portion of Tahuya State Forest. The volunteers are hard at work improving the trails at Tahuya. This trail should be a must for all first timers. The trails can get dusty during summer months but offer great riding during the rainy season. It is planned for next year in an area used mostly by quad and motorcycle drivers. Tahuya State Forest Trails Map. Riders should note that most of the trails are limited to machines that are 48" or less in width but larger vehicles are permitted on the 4x4 trail. START DATE Sunday, September 03, 2017 . I think I'm finally going to lock in a plan and get the bros out for a couple days riding. Discussion in 'North West' started by FARNORCAL, Jan 7, 2015. It is also not a state park but is in fact designated as a state forest. CLICK “IMAGE” FOR FULL SIZE MAP CLICK “IMAGE” FOR FULL SIZE MAP. He had a Jeep CJ5 as his first 4x4 but back in the 80's there wasn't a lot of hype and add-on parts as there are today. The story began in the Tahuya State Forest located on the south end of Puget Sound, the watery arm that splits the Washington State between Seattle and the Olympic Peninsula. Two types of passes are available: a $10 day-use pass or a $30 annual pass (which is transferable between two vehicles). 3.4 miles from Belfair and just under a mile past the state park entrance turn right onto Belfair-Tahuya road. (This area is a … 13.9mi: Go left onto the Howell Lake Loop Trail, crossing a road at 14.2mi then paralleling the Tahuya River. This is a connecting trail that connects the 4x4 short loop to 84S trail and with Riff-Raff. Follow Belfair-Tahuya road 1.75 miles to the intersection with Elfendahl Pass Road. Although there are a few areas that will twist the suspension a bit, this trail is easily done with a stock Jeep. #2 - Overland Trail, Tahuya River, and Mission Creek OHV Loop, #3 - Belfair Howell Lake and Tahuya OHV Loop, #5 - Mission Creek to Horse Camp OHV Trail, #8 - Tahuya River Trail, Mission Creek and Long Marsh OHV Loop, Overland Trail, Tahuya River, and Mission Creek OHV Loop, Tahuya River Trail, Mission Creek and Long Marsh OHV Loop. Avoid the 'singletrack' trails unless you have some specific beta on a trail - the ones I rode were narrow, rough and pointless, just bascially diversions for motorcycles. Tahuya State Forest 4x4 loop trail Distance: 6.7 miles Approx Running time: 1.5 to 2 hours Difficulty: Easy - Medium Located to the southwest of Belfair, the Tahuya State Forest is a playground for motorcycles, ATVs, horseback riders and 4x4s. May 30, 2016 - This trail is rated as easy and is a must for all beginners new to off-roading. FARNORCAL [OP] Well-Known Member. Tahuya is a trail system that is located about 30 minutes from my house and I visit there often. Explore the most popular ohv / off road driving trails in Tahuya State Forest with hand-curated trail maps and driving directions as well as detailed reviews and photos from hikers, campers and nature lovers like you. The South Loop and JBXR trail to the Mud area will remain open. Advertise with us! Pictures, video and stories about wheeling the 4x4 trails of the Tahuya State Forest in Washington state. The road to the right is the staging area, the trailhead is on the left side of the road. Saved by Explore Hood Canal. google_ad_height = 90; The area is cris crossed with miles of ATV and motorcycle trails however there is only one 4x4 trail. 1. DIFFICULT 18.8 mi. Pros: flowy, nice berms, some short, fun descents, lots of trail … The local Jeep club has brought in (with permission) some very large rock and formed two "Rock Gardens" for the better equipped rigs that offer a bit of a challenge. Our recommendations are: If you are new to wheelin' and not sure about where to go for the first time, then Tahuya is a great place to cut your teeth and get familiar with your rig. Discussion in 'North West' started by Tdkrum5, Oct 31, 2014. However, the 4x4 trail is marked with yellow diamonds tacked to the trees and arrows to point the correct path at many intersections. Tahuya State Forest 4x4 loop trail Distance: 6.7 miles Approx Running time: 1.5 to 2 hours Difficulty: Easy Located to the southwest of Belfair, the Tahuya State Forest is a playground for motorcycles, ATVs, horseback riders and 4x4s. If you are an old pro to the off-road scene and have a well equipped rig then you will find little here outside of the rock gardens to challenge you,  and use of the 4-wheel drive lever is for most of the trail optional, your day might be better spent going to Evans Creek, Elbe or Walker Valley (depending on where you live). Visiting family out in WA, so I hit the Tahuya 4x4 Loop Trail and did a little wheeling. Get directions from your location using Google Maps.