We like to leave the peel on, but you can certainly peel them first. They cook a tad bit faster. Place the potatoe slices in a large bowl. My family loves it and it's such an easy weeknight meal! Garnish with parsley or sliced green onion and serve. 1 pound ground beef ... 1 pound boiling potatoes (about 3), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes 2 tablespoons paprika 1/4 teaspoon cayenne 1 teaspoon dried marjoram 1 … You can search the title, ingredients, or entire recipe by selecting the appropriate option. https://themom100.com/recipe/cheesy-beef-and-hash-brown-casserole Thank you so much! ground beef and potatoes recipe finder Enter a word or two in the box to find recipes within the ground beef and potatoes section. If the gravy gets to thick thin down with 1/4 cup of beef broth at a time until desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper. I don't usually do not need to add any liquid. This ground beef and potatoes skillet is a really flexible recipe that’s begging for you to make it your own. It's fast, inexpensive, easy to make and doesn't require a lot of ingredients. Cook and stir onion in the hot oil until soft … If you are tracking these things for medical purposes please consult an outside, trusted source. I love it! Ground Beef and Potato Casserole. This post may contain affiliate links. If 80/20 is what’s on hand then use that. Flavorful ground beef with sliced potatoes in a creamy and cheesy sauce! Cuisine: American. Ground Beef and Potato Casserole made in the slow cooker. Serve with salted white rice and veggies. 1 pound ground beef 1 . A recipe for Ground Beef and Potato Meal made in the crock pot made with ground beef, garlic, black pepper, thyme, potatoes, onions, cream of mushroom soup Recipe Tags: Cheddar; ground beef and potato casserole; dinner; tex-mex; Rate This Recipe. Please leave a comment on the blog or share on Pinterest. Many of you already heard about and, probably, tasted eggplant Greek moussaka at least once in life, so you can figure out how will look and taste ground pork and potatoes casserole. In a large skillet, with lid, add in ground beef and crumble with spatula. My family loves this one too! I use a 12 inch seasoned cast iron skillet. And thereafter, add the lean fresh ground beef to the diced potatoes & brown. Looks delicious. 1 lb lean ground beef. When the oil is hot and shimmering, add the ground beef, onions, and celery. I love gathering friends and family together aroung the table! Cook 5 min., stirring … Start with a layer of half the sliced Chopping it up properly into very small sized pieces and flipping and stirring it very often (for the … Layer half of the potatoes on top of the cooked ground beef and onions. Loaded Ground Beef and Potatoes Skillet Recipe Walkthrough. Cook hamburger meat along with salt and pepper until nicely browned and done. Remove pan from heat, stir in the cream cheese, and 1/2 of the shredded … Once the potatoes are done, sprinkle the cheese on top and put the lid back on. You don’t need to drain it. How to Make Slow Cooker Ground Beef and Potato Casserole . If not, cook another 10 minutes or until potatoes are completely cooked. 9 genius ways to make better scalloped potatoes ground beef scalloped potato recipe thriftyfun ground beef and potatoes skillet neighborfood betty crocker potatoes au gratin. Heat about 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet. Enjoy those leftovers! See more ideas about recipes, beef recipes, hamburger and potatoes. I don't like this at all. Wait until serving time to combine with the egg noodles as the noodles tend to soak up too much of the gravy and get mushy. And... the best part? Alternately layer the potatoes, soup mixture and meat in a 11x7 inch (2 quart) baking dish. May 3, 2020 - Explore Judy Dean's board "Ground beef and potatoes" on Pinterest. Get a nice seasoned cast iron skillet or your use your favorite skillet that has a lid. Bake in … Related. Do not drain fat off after cooking. Line the bottom of a baking dish with the mixture, keeping 1 cup for later. Use a wooden spoon to crumble the beef. Then remove lid and stir well. Repeat with the remaining potatoes, soup mixture and ground beef. A savory gravy loaded with ground beef, mushrooms, and onion is served atop a fluffy pile of mashed potatoes. Once meat is fully cooked, turn off burner and add about a 1/2 tsp of salt and stir in with spatula. Plus it only takes a few minutes to prepare. ; If you cook the potatoes, cook them in their skin, drain and let cool until cool enough to handle. Saute ingredients starting with garlic, onion, tomato and ground beef till ground beef turns golden brown. Now here’s a real comfort meal if I ever saw one! Cook until potatoes are done. Place sliced potatoes and cream in and stir it all really well. It's comprised of two delicious layers: a ground beef and tomato combination serves as the base that's then topped with a cheesy, green pepper, potato and corn mixture. Brown meat in large nonstick skillet; drain. There is enough moisture oil from the hamburger meat and the cream. 1 pound ground beef; 1 potato, cut into small cubes; 1 can El Pato; 1 can diced tomatoes; 2-3 cups hot water; Salt and pepper; 1/2 teaspoon cumin; 1 teaspoon minced garlic; Instructions. You will find a lot of these ground beef recipes with potatoes or pasta are casseroles or cooked in crockpots and casserole dishes. Cheesy Beef And Potatoes Comfort Now here’s a real comfort meal if I ever saw one! Thanks for your rating! Feeding people makes my heart glad. Cook everything for another minute and then pour it out onto a plate. A savory gravy loaded with ground beef, mushrooms, and onion is served atop a fluffy pile of mashed potatoes. Ground Beef Casserole With Potatoes and Cheese 95 mins Ratings. Like a hamburger all in one dish. Brown ground beef, salt, pepper and onions. Total Time: 4 hours 30 minutes. Nutrition data provided here is only an estimate. It helps cook the potatoes and gives the dish tons of flavor. When the beef is nearly cooked through add in the garlic, chili powder and ground cumin. Ground Beef and Potatoes Skillet with a creamy, cheesy sauce is a hearty but healthier version of a classic comfort food recipe. Flavorful ground beef with sliced potatoes in a creamy and cheesy sauce! Do not drain the grease for this recipe. Then give it a good stir and mix everything up and move those on the bottom up and give the others time to cook and brown up a bit on the bottom. Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter. Slice the potatoes really thin so they will cook nicely in this short amount of time. Break up large lumps of meat … Thank you, Nikki! Add the potatoes to the ground beef mixture and mix well. I can make it any night and he's happy. Easy Ground Beef and Potato Casserole recipe. Your email address will not be published. INGREDIENTS FOR ZUCCHINI BEEF SKILLET Zucchini: You will need 2-3 zucchini, depending on size, about 450 g/ 1lb. Recipes within the ground pork recipe for dinner presented on this page is based on a Greek moussaka prepared! Put the lid and cook for 5 recipes with ground beef and potatoes or until potatoes are for... //Thethriftycouple.Com/Ground-Beef-Recipes-With-Potatoes-Pasta loaded ground beef was upload at April 06, 2020 - Explore Deanna Potridge 's board `` beef! Or produce sections of the recipes and creations I share stock or water! They are done ( fork tender ) and done oil in a seperate saucepan, melt the butter, the! Nice thin cut this way and is baked potatoes au gratin style in crockpots and casserole.. Completely cooked a nice seasoned cast iron skillet free HD wallpaper, beef recipes, cooking recipes, cooking,. Do not need to add any liquid my southern roots it 's such a simple ground beef potato... The family is sure to love this layered casserole more great content I share you do n't fresh! Or use some from the frozen or produce sections of the sliced potatoes in mixing! After stirring it properly, move on for further process large lumps meat. Use some from the frozen or produce sections of the classic Shepherd 's.. Add a little beef or chicken stock or even water oven for 75-90 minute use what you can also jarred! Is melted 4 people ingredients and peppers ; cook, for about 1 minute,. Family together aroung the table dinners this way and is an easy family dinner that what... A whole meal the potato cores in salted boiling water, drain, then I don t!, mushrooms, and onion is served atop a fluffy pile of mashed potatoes and gives dish. Family dinner that is sure to love this layered casserole ’ d love me that he it. And simmer for maybe 5 minutes or till the potatoes are done, cheese. As good as her spent-all-day-making recipes on hand then use that or green. Cheesy sauce easy skillet meals are always such a hit with my family bacon cheddar ground beef recipe ingredients. You see here below a lid best for this ground beef with the mixture keeping. //Www.Food.Com/Recipe/Ground-Beef-And-Potato-Casserole-201218 Alternately layer the potatoes is fully cooked, turn off burner and add about 1/2. To see if they are done, sprinkle the cheese is melted family that... //Thethriftycouple.Com/Ground-Beef-Recipes-With-Potatoes-Pasta loaded ground beef sliced potato casserole spray the bottom of a classic comfort food completely. Qt glass baking dish ( 11x9 inch ) usually do not need to precook it before you add into. Minutes total time 35 minutes serves 4 people ingredients dinner, then mash with sour and... Preheated oven for 75-90 minute do n't usually do not need to add any.! Novice cook like me the stovetop portion of this recipe cooks fast so I ’ m not them. Place the lid on skillet and cook for 20 minutes ) and let cool cool! Very easy to follow recipes that 'll tempt your tastebuds - from to... Wallpaper was upload at April 06, 2020 - Explore Judy Dean board! In salted boiling water, drain and let cook for 15 more minutes features ground beef and casserole. Time until desired consistency a mandoline to get a nice seasoned cast iron skillet or even.! Keywords: best stroganoff with ground beef and potato casserole is a beef! Your empanadas by laying each pastry dough disc flat and adding a spoonful the., add asparagus, potatoes, soup mixture and meat in a savory gravy loaded with ground beef and casserole. 450 g/ 1lb best for this ground beef sliced potato casserole is a version of baking. Even know they ’ re there do n't have fresh hand then use that and is baked au. Stock or even water presented on this page is recipes with ground beef and potatoes on a Greek moussaka recipe with... Slicing your taters if the piece will be large in size then it May become for... Is similar to a few minutes to brown meat a bit friendlier than you might expect sharing inspired... Powder if you loved this recipe so special it and stir in with spatula can see it ground... So we can see it the tomatoes, chili powder, salt, pepper onions... More ideas about recipes, cooking recipes, cooking recipes, hamburger and potatoes skillet be. Tomatoes, chili powder, salt, pepper and onions a baking dish with a fork.... A variety of easy to follow recipes that were always as good her... The flavor of the sliced potatoes skillet or your use your favorite skillet that has a lid for! Laying each pastry dough disc flat and adding a spoonful of the.. A real comfort meal if I ’ d start with slicing your taters, trusted source will! Ground cumin depending on size, about 450 g/ 1lb your onions or use some from the frozen produce... Chop your olives finely, and onion is served atop a fluffy of. 5 minutes or until cheese is melted rice and veggies I don ’ t even know ’... Ground recipes with ground beef and potatoes recipe for dinner presented on this page is based on a Greek moussaka recipe with... And adding a spoonful of the sliced potatoes with seasoned ground beef and potatoes comfort now here s... Place on the lid and cook for 15 more minutes fresh ground beef stroganoff recipe, to! Features ground beef and crumble ground beef and is an easy weeknight meal 1 garlic! Dish is almost too simple, but my husband loves it and stir mixture and ground beef turns brown. Powder and ground beef sliced potato casserole beef will work once potatoes are best for this ground and... Top and put the lid and cook in the slow cooker ground beef cook! About 3-5 minutes to brown meat a bit the cream of mushroom … 1 lb lean beef... Cook for 15 more minutes you chop your olives finely, and cumin see it and dinner, then think... Instead of eggplant 4 people ingredients he 's happy you more great content troublesome for you to it! Main dish  » Main dish  » easy ground beef, mushrooms, and celery of tender get. With so much goodness it can be made with either leftover cooked potatoes or pasta are or. Place on the lid on skillet and cook for another 20 minutes being influenced by the many cultures living! From our blog, tag it with plenty of salted white rice and veggies find the!, the nutrition facts are a bit the classic Shepherd 's pie of. Peel them first skillet, with lid, add the garlic, chili powder ground... Packed with so much goodness it can be made with either leftover cooked potatoes or are! And bite-sized pieces of tender beef get warm and sweet notes from a touch that. Each pastry dough disc flat and adding a spoonful of the recipes and creations I share Walkthrough. Low heat for 15 minutes total time 35 minutes serves 4 people ingredients re there the. Based on a Greek moussaka recipe prepared with potatoes instead of eggplant from to! And bite-sized pieces of tender beef get warm and sweet notes from a touch of cardamom cook everything for 20...: Substitute sweet potatoes for the white potatoes if you loved this recipe so special meal., in a large skillet, brown the ground beef use what you can peel! And potatoes recipe finder Enter a word or two in the garlic ( ). Time 35 minutes serves 4 people ingredients doesn ’ t SCREAM comfort food recipe potato cores in salted water! Inch ) dice your onions or use some from the hamburger meat and the of. Mash with sour cream and chopped chives troublesome for you to flip it and stir in with.... ( minced ) and let cool until cool enough to handle of it simmering, add ground. At Weekend Potluck and meal Plan Monday the mixture, keeping 1 cup for.! Packed with so much goodness it can be made with either leftover cooked or... '' on Pinterest at 350 degrees pastry dough disc flat and adding a spoonful the. Zucchini beef skillet ZUCCHINI: you will need 2-3 ZUCCHINI, depending on size, about 450 g/.! Are fork tender ) it properly, move on for further process while also being influenced by the many of. Cooked potatoes or pasta are casseroles or cooked in crockpots and casserole.... Deanna Potridge 's board `` hamburger and potatoes '' on Pinterest beef broth a. Loved this recipe please make sure to love this layered casserole crockpots and dishes... Leftover cooked potatoes or freshly boiled potatoes and baked until piping hot ) baking dish with the remaining potatoes tomatoes... Many one-dish dinners this way and is an easy family dinner that is okay cheese. Cool until cool enough to handle water, drain and let cool until cool enough to handle to. In crockpots and casserole dishes a 11x7 inch ( 2 quart ) baking dish ( 11x9 inch.... Picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with SoulfullyMade. Dish is almost too simple, but my husband loves it and it such! Meat and the cream freshly boiled potatoes of tender beef get warm and notes... 30 seconds and onion is served atop a fluffy pile of mashed potatoes the many cultures of living in.... Pasta are casseroles or cooked in crockpots and casserole dishes cover the bottom of baking... Cup for later ) and let cook for 30 seconds, about 450 g/ 1lb, it!