I bought some Old Masters exterior water based satin spar… but I … Board performance Fire resistance Gyprex satinspar provides 30 minute fire resistance to BS 476: Part 23 when used in conjunction with CasoLine quick-lock grid and hangers and fully supported by SpecSure® lifetime system warranty. The spars on board of a marine vessel faced a lot of wear and tear due to several environmental factors (like wind, moisture, rain, and harsh sun rays). You should always treat mineral specimens with care. A vinyl faced, wipe-clean tile ideal for use in hygienic and shower areas. The fibrous Satin Spar variety is sometimes cut into cabochons for collectors because of its strong cat's eye effect. Spar is the recommended varnish for a variety of outdoor uses. It is porous and is therefore easily dyed. Red Selenite is sometimes referred to as Red Satin Spar. Much as I like Satin Spar, I’ve never used it for cleansing or charging crystals. I use birch plywood and either paint with exterior semi-gloss paint or stain. The primary reasons that this type is better for outdoor wood is that it remains flexible over time, it has additional alkyd resins for UV stability, and it is more flexible. The fibrous massive variety has a silky lustre and is called satin spar; it is translucent and opalescent and is valued for ornaments and jewelry. Gypsum core 100% recyclable. This, to be perfectly honest, is largely due to my skepticism about it being an effective charging method. Moisture resistance Gyprex satinspar is 80 times more water resistant than mineral fibre, greatly reducing the risk of unsightly staining. I’m thinking of trying it out, but the crystals in question are laid in a silver pendant, so they wouldn’t be touching the plate directly. The boards get a pretty good bit of abuse so I need to put something durable over them. Highly recommended amber transparent coat wood finish for both exterior and interior surfaces; A fibrous variety of Gypsum or Calcite and Aragonite. Red Selenite ranges in color from peach to deep orange-red and has also been called Peach Selenite. Even keeping crystals in a bowl with a satin spar tumble stone will help to cleanse and recharge them between uses. Health Risks: No information on health risks for this material has been entered into the database. 1 photo of Satin Spar Gypsum associated with Bitumen: 1 photo of Satin Spar Gypsum associated with Calcite: CaCO 3: Other InformationHide. Spar varnish got this nickname due to the wooden poles you used to find on a marine ship. I have tried oil polyurethane and they were too slick. And, wear a mask when applying it because it comes with very strong disturbing odor. Available in white or … It is used as a flux for creating earthenware, and can be used as a fertilizer. Pros. The variety Alabaster is is carved for ornamental use, such as artistic sculptures and pottery. Nonetheless, this spar varnish’s satin variety is not satisfying enough because it tends to produce inconsistent cloudy finish. It generally has a luster that is glassy or vitreous and is pearly and silky. 2H 2 O). To cleanse and charge a room, make a grid of satin spar sticks, one in each corner, pointing in towards the centre of the room (there is not an obvious top and bottom to the crystals, so use your best judgement). High level of light reflectance and resistance to staining. Red Selenite is an excellent mineral to use for power grids, by itself or with other crystals. An attractive smooth satin finish. The name originally referred to a variety of Calcite found in "Cumberland, England", but the name was eventually used to cover varieties of Aragonite and Gypsum too, so this name is best used as an adjective in conjunction with a mineral name rather than as a specific variety name of its own - see Satin Spar Gypsum and Satin Spar Calcite. In well-developed crystals the mineral commonly has been called selenite.