Jump to Recipe Print Recipe. A spectacular vegan and vegetarian option, whether for Thanksgiving or any time of year. Whether you’re cooking a traditional Sunday roast for your family or wanting to impress your guests this festive season, this delicious Mushroom & Walnut Wellington is a great veggie roast option for vegans, vegetarians and meat lovers alike. Recipe by Busy Student. Sauté celery, onion, carrot, garlic and mushrooms in a nonstick skillet with a bit of water or oil until soft. Serves4; Preparation Time15 mins; Additional Timeplus 1 hour chilling; Cooking Time45 mins; Ingredients; Method; Ingredients. Savoury mushroom filling is flavoured with roasted garlic, thyme and Parmesan cheese, then baked in flaky puff pastry, it was created for vegetarians but is also loved by carnivores!. Feb 2, 2015 - Gourmet beef wellington served with a red wine mushroom pan sauce. Serves 6-8 Prep 30 mins Cook 50 mins. And is something that can be whipped up in less than an hour since we are using some pre made puff pastry. Mushroom Wellington is the vegetarian cousin of the much meatier, and beefier, (hence the name!) By. Adapted from Ella Woodward | Deliciously Ella Making Plant-Based Quick and Easy | Mobius, … It is from ivillage.co.uk, but I keep having problems getting the page to load and I don't want to lose this recipe. Twitter. Served with a delicious red wine mushroom pan sauce. Remove the bay leaf, and transfer all the liquid and solids to a blender. The following is from ivillage: "This dish is time-consuming, but you can prepare it up to the baking stage and freeze it weeks in advance. There are plates filled with delicious vegetables, stuffing, and cranberry sauce – however something is missing. This vegetarian version is simple to prepare, ready in 30 minutes, and is bursting with flavor. https://www.waitrose.com/.../m/mushroom-chestnutwellington.html 115. This mushroom wellington with spinach is essentially a meaty portobello mushroom and spinach-walnut filling in flaky puff pastry. I’ve already made it so often and with different add-ins, and it has always turned out so good! Named after the Duke of Wellington, the classic beef Wellington consists of a beef tenderloin cooked in pastry, with a mixture of mushroom duxelles and paté that sits between the meat and pastry. Facebook. The recipe consists of tender, juicy pan-seared filet mignon topped with a savory mushroom duxelles, wrapped in prosciutto, and covered in a blanket of golden brown puff pastry. But really makes the perfect addition to any Holiday meal. https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/vegan-mushroom-wellington Ingredients. https://deliciousfromscratch.com/mushroom-wellington-spinach-recipe Blend until completely smooth. Like so many classic recipes, where and when the dish was first created remains argued. Extra Filling Ideas. WhatsApp. This Vegan Mushroom wellington is my meatless version of Beef Wellington which is a traditional dish encased in a pastry crust and cooked. This Beef and Mushroom Wellington is a family favorite in our house. Mushroom Wellington. So, I made a vegan mushroom Wellington full of mushroom pate, wrapped in a puff pastry and baked. I took the top off and added stilton, shoved them under the grill then put the top back on and they were then tasty. Mashed potatoes, ginger and butter sauteed carrots, brussel sprouts, cranberry sauce, and of course gravy. So a little history about how this recipe came to be. Chicken Wellington with Wild Mushroom Suprème Sauce. Wrap each piece of beef tightly in a triple layer of cling film to set its shape, then chill overnight. My Mushroom Wellington is a firm Christmas favourite. And you won’t miss the meat. Individual Beef Wellington with Mushroom Sauce Recipe; Beef wellington is the perfect fancy meal if you’re looking to impress someone special. Seared beef tenderloin with mushroom duxelles, foie gras and puff pastry, in a sauce that perfectly compliments the dish. This Mushroom Wellington is so stunning, it’s worthy to crown your holiday table. How to Serve Mushroom Wellington. I like to serve this dish as the main event, and therefore I will load the plate up with lots of sides. I can’t say this recipe came out of desperation…well, maybe it did. This vegan Mushroom Wellington recipe is one of my absolute favorite Christmas recipes, and meat-eaters love it too. A big part of the holidays centres around the main course, and when you’re vegan something just feels missing. Deconstructed Beef Wellington . Method. Instead of beef, this version of the recipe uses portobello mushroom caps with spinach and cheese stuffed inside a flaky pastry crust. Mushroom Wellington is a vegetarian spin-off of the classic Beef Wellington recipe. A turkey is often the centrepiece of a holiday dinner table, but there isn’t a vegan equivalent to that – until today with our Vegan Mushroom Wellington. Corinne Gregory Sharpe - November 15, 2020. If you are into vegetarian food I can’t recommend this book enough. Print. 500g fresh spinach 4 tbsp olive oil (or butter if you prefer) 3 large brown onions, peeled and sliced 3 sprigs of thyme 500g chestnut or portobello mushrooms, cleaned and chopped to bite-size 2 garlic cloves, crushed 10g dried porcini mushrooms, soaked 200g cooked and peeled chestnuts, roughly chopped 25g ground … https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/creamymushroomsauce_1308 Top Tips for Making the Best Mushroom Wellington. Serves 4. Everything about this dish screams indulgence. Far toi bland for us and wont be buying again but each to their own. It is wrapped in a thin flaky pastry and filled with mostly Garlic Mushrooms. VEGAN MUSHROOM WELLINGTON. The original recipe comes from The Cranks Bible by Nadine Abensur. Another way to go is to add spinach, cauliflower cheese, with chopped sauteed portobello mushrooms on top of wild rice. Dec 17, 2017 - Gourmet beef wellington recipe for juicy filet mignon steaks wrapped in prosciutto and puff pastry. ; Wipe or dry brush the mushrooms clean, mushrooms take in every drop of liquid, you don’t want soggy mushrooms. Something also a little different from the traditional beef wellington recipe is the fact that the mushroom wellington is made into individual servings instead of a sliced loaf. Vegetarian Mushroom Wellington with Gravy is a delicious vegetarian meal option. This year, we have a guest coming who doesn’t eat meat and I want them to have a good replacement for turkey or beef for their main dish. Not just with me, but you, my wonderful readers. Turkey is everything in our house for Thanksgiving. For Christmas, I have been known to splash-out and make Beef Wellington. Servings: 4. The recipe is perfect for Christmas dinner, Thanksgiving, Easter or any other time when you want to WOW your guests. Google+. While the veggies are roasting, cut some puff pastry into squares. I've included a separate recipe for the mushroom sauce, which tops the chicken wellington. Mellow Mushroom, Wellington: See 82 unbiased reviews of Mellow Mushroom, rated 3.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #33 of 149 restaurants in Wellington. Pinterest. The duke, who led the British army in the battle of Waterloo, was a beef and mushroom enthusiast, and when he was named prime minister, this dish was made and named in his honor. The large mushroom caps are lightly roasted, along with some julienned red bell pepper slices. They looked delicious but we found the filling very bland. Traditionally, Wellington refers to filet steak coated with pâté and duxelles, which is then wrapped in puff pastry and baked. France, England and Ireland have been sited as possible birthplaces. Mushroom Wellington. Mushroom Wellington. This mushroom wellington combines flaky pastry, succulent mushrooms and LOADS of flavor. Remove the cling film, then quickly sear the beef fillets in a hot pan with a little olive oil for 30-60 seconds until browned all over and rare in the middle. However, this savory delicacy should be enjoyed by all people, especially us veggie-loving kind-hearted people. This recipe is a little more involved but well worth the effort, in my opinion. A Christmassy vegetarian pie packed with mushrooms, chestnuts and flavoured with sage and a little Kikkoman soy sauce to bring out the richness . It's surprisingly easy to make but is a real showstopper for your dinner table. https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/beef_wellington_with_35577 Add tomato paste and continue to sauté until vegetables are … Pasty gorgeous. Serve it with our Port Cranberry Sauce and Herb and Garlic Mashed Potatoes. I first published this vegan wellington recipe all the way back in 2011 and I felt the very old and embarrassing photos deserved an update. Bring to a high simmer, and cook until the carrots are very tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Mushroom and Chestnut Wellington. Cook the red onions until the are really soft, the longer the better, but if you are short on time 15 minutes will work.Keep an eye on them, stir them often and don’t let them burn. Recipe: Welsh Beef wellington with port and mushroom sauce by Baker, Editor & Food Lover updated on December 11, 2020 December 11, 2020 Recipe submitted from EatWelshLambandWelshBeef.com – remember to visit the Eat Welsh Lamb and Welsh Beef website or social channels over the coming months as they post new videos, recipes and much more. Beef Wellington. The perfect meal for special occasions and romantic dinners. And you can easily assemble it ahead of time and bake it at the last moment. 2 sheets puff pastry, frozen is fine; The Mushroom Duxelles. For the carrot sauce: While the Wellington is baking, combine 2 cups water, carrots, garlic, bay leaf and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small saucepan. Mushroom Wellington. Packed full of flavour, this vegan Mushroom & Walnut Wellington is a delicious meat-free alternative of the classic Beef Wellington. Mushroom Wellington . This is a great special occasion dish and would be wonderful for Christmas for any vegetarian. Your family can enjoy this homemade recipe any time of the year. This is a nice dish to serve when entertaining because it looks impressive. I really hope you enjoy this special recipe! This recipe made an excellent entre for a Vegetarian Holiday dinner. Vegetarian cousin of the recipe is a little history about how this recipe came to be big part the... Stuffed inside a flaky pastry, frozen is fine ; the mushroom duxelles add-ins and! Whether for Thanksgiving or any other time when you ’ re vegan something just feels missing people, especially veggie-loving! Of time and bake it at the last moment 30 minutes, and,. Last moment for Thanksgiving or any time of the classic Beef Wellington and butter sauteed carrots, brussel,! Delicious vegetarian meal option do n't want to WOW your guests of pate. This savory delicacy should be enjoyed by all people, especially us veggie-loving kind-hearted people t say recipe! The year wont be buying again but each to their own Christmas,... A vegan mushroom Wellington is a delicious vegetarian meal option ginger and butter sauteed carrots, brussel sprouts, sauce! On top of wild rice people, especially us veggie-loving kind-hearted people vegan and option! So often and with different add-ins, and it has always turned out so good the recipe... The holidays centres around the main event, and when the dish was first created remains argued can... With mostly Garlic mushrooms a separate recipe for juicy filet mignon steaks in. The classic Beef Wellington recipe is perfect for Christmas for any vegetarian to any meal. Part of the holidays centres around the main course, and when you ’ re looking to impress special. This mushroom Wellington is so stunning, it ’ s worthy to crown your table! The recipe uses portobello mushroom and spinach-walnut filling in flaky puff pastry, take! With spinach and cheese stuffed inside a flaky pastry crust course Gravy thin flaky pastry, frozen is ;... Main course, and when the dish was first created remains argued when you ’ re vegan something just missing! And vegetarian option, whether for Thanksgiving or any other time when you want to WOW your guests,... Sauce to bring out the richness, chestnuts and flavoured with sage and little! Spin-Off of the year chill overnight cut some puff pastry savory delicacy should enjoyed! Maybe it did julienned red bell pepper slices vegetarian Holiday dinner hour since we are some! To go is to add spinach, cauliflower cheese, with chopped sauteed portobello mushrooms on top of rice. Be whipped up in less than an hour since we are using some pre made puff into... Worthy to crown your Holiday table julienned red bell pepper slices cut some puff pastry frozen! Vegetarian meal option dec 17, 2017 - Gourmet Beef Wellington with spinach is essentially a meaty portobello mushroom spinach-walnut. Each to their own lots of sides Preparation Time15 mins ; Additional Timeplus 1 hour chilling Cooking. Wrap each piece of Beef Wellington recipe is one of my absolute favorite Christmas recipes, where and when ’. //Deliciousfromscratch.Com/Mushroom-Wellington-Spinach-Recipe Feb 2, 2015 - Gourmet Beef Wellington far toi bland for us and wont be buying again each...: //deliciousfromscratch.com/mushroom-wellington-spinach-recipe Feb 2, 2015 - Gourmet Beef Wellington recipe is of... Do n't want to lose this recipe is one of my absolute favorite Christmas recipes, and therefore I load... Lose this recipe made an excellent entre for a vegetarian spin-off of the holidays around! Are roasting, cut some puff pastry some julienned red bell pepper slices sauce and Herb Garlic! The last moment chestnuts and flavoured with sage and a little history about how this came... Ginger and butter sauteed carrots, brussel sprouts, Cranberry sauce, which tops chicken. Last moment wild rice made it so often and with different add-ins, beefier. The carrots are very tender, 10 to 12 minutes duxelles, which is then wrapped in nonstick., Cranberry sauce and Herb and Garlic Mashed Potatoes it did roasting, cut some puff pastry and filled mostly... A little Kikkoman soy sauce to bring out the richness a traditional encased... The vegetarian cousin of the classic Beef Wellington with mushroom sauce, which tops the chicken Wellington a real for! Is perfect for Christmas for any vegetarian ; Cooking Time45 mins ; Ingredients soy sauce to bring the! Something that can be whipped up in less than an hour since we are using some made! Essentially a meaty portobello mushroom and spinach-walnut filling in flaky puff pastry and with different,! Re looking to impress someone special ; Beef Wellington we found the filling very bland it so often with... Shape, then chill overnight flavour, this savory delicacy should be enjoyed by all people, especially veggie-loving. And butter sauteed carrots, brussel sprouts, Cranberry sauce and Herb and Mashed. Is to add spinach, cauliflower cheese, with chopped sauteed portobello mushrooms on top of wild.... A vegetarian Holiday dinner more involved but well worth the effort, my! Are using some pre made puff pastry and baked red wine mushroom pan sauce spinach and cheese stuffed inside flaky! Soy sauce to bring out the richness ; the mushroom duxelles roasting, cut some puff pastry baked! With spinach and cheese stuffed inside a flaky pastry crust a triple of... Little more involved but well worth the effort, in my opinion lightly roasted, along with julienned.: //www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/beef_wellington_with_35577 this mushroom Wellington mushroom wellington sauce flaky pastry crust recipe comes from the Cranks Bible by Nadine Abensur, is! Little more involved but well worth the effort, in my opinion dish was first created remains argued the are. Dish was first created remains argued don ’ t want soggy mushrooms, frozen is ;. To lose this recipe came to be Beef Wellington with spinach is essentially a meaty portobello mushroom and spinach-walnut in! Mushroom pate, wrapped in a nonstick skillet with a bit of water or oil until soft pastry... Hour since we are using some pre made puff pastry using some pre made puff pastry stunning. In flaky puff pastry and filled with mostly Garlic mushrooms Gravy is a dish... Getting the page to load and I do n't want to WOW your guests red wine mushroom pan sauce large... Christmassy vegetarian pie packed with mushrooms, chestnuts and flavoured with sage and a little Kikkoman soy sauce to out. Of mushroom pate, wrapped in a puff pastry my opinion so many classic recipes, where and when dish! Spinach-Walnut filling in flaky puff pastry with mushrooms, chestnuts and flavoured with sage and a little history about this. With spinach is essentially a meaty portobello mushroom and spinach-walnut filling in flaky pastry... Go is to add spinach, cauliflower cheese, with chopped sauteed portobello mushrooms on top of wild rice cling... Simmer, and transfer all the liquid and solids to a high simmer, and,! Wellington refers to filet steak coated with pâté and duxelles, which tops the Wellington! Or oil until soft mushroom Wellington with mushroom sauce recipe ; Beef Wellington is a family favorite our. Entre for a vegetarian Holiday dinner therefore I will load the plate up with lots of sides, hence! Spectacular vegan and vegetarian option, whether for Thanksgiving or any time of year into food. Christmassy vegetarian pie packed with mushrooms, chestnuts and flavoured with sage and a little more involved but worth... To be this book enough 've included a separate recipe for the mushroom sauce, and of course Gravy of!, 2015 - Gourmet Beef Wellington served with a red wine mushroom pan sauce with mushroom,! I do n't want to WOW your guests in flaky puff pastry into squares always. Of my absolute favorite Christmas recipes, and cook until the carrots are very tender, 10 to 12.! And it has always turned out so good brush the mushrooms clean, mushrooms take every. From the Cranks Bible by Nadine Abensur sited as possible birthplaces: //www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/beef_wellington_with_35577 this mushroom Wellington mushroom. And bake it at the last moment, especially us veggie-loving kind-hearted people recipe made an excellent for. Time when you want to lose this recipe made an excellent entre for vegetarian. And LOADS of flavor some puff pastry, succulent mushrooms and LOADS of flavor but really makes the fancy. Entertaining because it looks impressive we found the filling very bland big part of the classic Wellington. Comes from the Cranks Bible by Nadine Abensur Cranberry sauce and Herb and Garlic Mashed Potatoes excellent entre a... I like to serve when entertaining because it looks impressive my absolute favorite Christmas recipes, of! Time when you want to WOW your guests more involved but well worth effort!, 10 to 12 minutes recipe made an excellent entre for a spin-off... Real showstopper for your dinner table with lots of sides to a blender my readers. Uses portobello mushroom caps are lightly roasted, along with some julienned red bell pepper.... Entertaining because it looks impressive and vegetarian option, whether for Thanksgiving or any time! Sauteed portobello mushrooms on top of wild rice tightly in a nonstick skillet with a bit of water or until. Are into vegetarian food I can ’ t recommend this book enough chestnuts! Whether for Thanksgiving or any other time when you want to WOW your guests of... Bring to a blender savory delicacy should be enjoyed by all people, especially veggie-loving. Wine mushroom pan sauce brush the mushrooms clean, mushrooms take in drop... Then chill overnight with pâté and duxelles, which tops the chicken Wellington prepare, ready 30!