They weren’t able to get their hands on them all — if you kept a copy, you could be sitting on around $15,300. Logo And Identity. Erotica by Madonna. Some records featured the standard label, that had the label’s address listed as "47 West 63rd NYC," while others said "47 West 63rd New York 23." Just before the album’s release, there was the infamous 1968 riots at the Democratic National Convention. Scotty Moore soon joined in on guitar. Led Zeppelin’s eponymous debut featured a mix of original material and covers of blues songs, including a re-recording of the track "Dazed and Confused," originally written and recorded by Jake Holmes. If you managed to sneak a copy away from Olivia Newton-John, you may be able to cash it in for $9,100. Stonewall’s only release was pressed without the band’s knowledge. A collector told me it was fairly valuable. The version that is worth this much is blue vinyl with a 6-eye label. The band take the top spot with their White Album. If you kept your copy of Hovas Vittne in good condition, this record could get you $3,500. Here’s what they came up with. There are said to be less than 20 mono copies of the record and only two stereo copies. Alcohol and Jake Blues was released by Tommy Johnson in 1930.He would have never imagined it would become one of the most expensive vinyl records ever sold. But this particular album is one of a kind — it’s the very first pressing of the… The record features the songs "Reveraration (Doubt)," "You’re Gonna Miss Me," "Fire Engine," and "Tried to Hide." Paul McCartney III Third Man Records x/333 Edition Yellow/Black Vinyl Beatles. Most Valuable Vinyl Records – The Top 10 Rarest Albums; Picture Discs – Records With an Image; Pink Floyd Albums Are Interesting and Often Quite Rare; Stereo Records or Mono Records – Which One to Buy? Un tempo rock soutenu par les incontournables claquements de mains et un premier vers qui figure parmi ces phrases à double-sens dont Lennon et McCartney ont toujours eu le secret, mais qui doit cette fois-ci son existence au hasard, fût-il linguistique. The group gained prominence in the United States when the song "Remind Me" was featured in a popular Geico commercial. The rare record features "Hovas Vittne" on side-A and "Tivedshambo" on side-B. It may not be number one on this list, but it’s arguably the coolest record on here. People know that some records are more valuable than others, and that […] If you think you may have a copy lying around somewhere, now would be the time to start digging. Bob Dylan – The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan ( CBS, US album, stereo 1963, featuring four tracks deleted from subsequent releases), $35,000. Whether you believe the tale or not, listening to "Me and the Devil Blues," you can easily hear the profound influence Johnson had on the genre. With Bowie’s recent passing, copies of the rare record featuring the exposed dog will undoubtedly fetch an even higher price. To us, vinyl just feels right. Shortly after releasing this record, they’d change their name to Goblin and provide the soundtrack to the original Suspiria, Dawn of the Dead, and Deep Red. It seems David Bowie would have the last laugh, however. If you were able to score a copy of the 7-inch, you may have a small fortune on your hands. Superfans of The Beatles will surely recognize the name "Quarrymen" as the first name the Fab Four took before skyrocketing into stardom — although this was before Ringo had joined the band. Andy Warhol. Vinyl Me Please worth it? The Beatles – Please Please Me ($10,620) 12. This helped to keep the parent label "Roulette" afloat. There are several valuable variations, the most valuable of which are "stereophonic" versions with "Love Me Do" and "P.S. Valuable Albums and 45s Some of the earliest LPs are worth pretty good sums ranging from $50 to $300, according to Thompson. The 50 most valuable R&B & Soul Vinyl Records for Last Week Format: Vinyl ; Genre: r-b-soul ; Currency. This vinyl of The Beatles' "Please Please Me" is reportedly one of only 900 copies ever produced in the stereo issue format with the gold design. There were between 300 and 1,000 copies of this record printed in 1957, but a small variation in printing makes one particular version especially valuable. If you managed to get ahold of one of the second pressings, which featured a pink platter, you could be sitting on as much as $5,000 if it’s kept in mint condition. Found a beatle album in the attic. Attica Blues was the first-ever VMP Classics Record of the Month — and is the only album from the Classics track on this list. It goes without saying that these copies are extremely rare. The Norwegian electronic duo’s debut record was a critical and commercial success, selling over 1 million copies. Most Valuable Vinyl Records Vinyl records have made a comeback in recent years, and as a result, people are often searching for information about them online. Frank Wilson was a true-blue pioneer of Northern Soul music, a minor league offshoot of American Motown with a major… XTC went on to release 14 full-length albums and were particularly influential on the Brit-pop bands that reached popularity in the 1990s. These are my top 10 most valuable records according to Discogs.com. Pulling ahead of Lamentations by only a quarter, Attica Blues by Archie Shepp’s average cost comes in at $54.62. Join the thousands of people wordwide by becoming a member. Later versions were switched by Columbia Records to a 2-eye label in 1961. A few tracks were meant to be replaced before the release, but someone at the pressing plant missed the memo, and a few copies featuring the wrong songs were pressed. They just can’t think of Elvis without picturing that signature yellow Sun record label, or The Beatles without recalling the label on all those Capitol 45s, with their trademark orange-and-yellow swirl. List View | Expand View . Madlib: Flight to Brazil ($55.08) By a dime, Madlib’s Flight to Brazil takes seventh … The copies were made for a Detroit record release show for the band in 1998, as the fledgling band was on the incline, destined for stardom. ‘White Album’ by The Beatles originally owned by Ringo Starr - £730,876. Whatever you may think of the film’s plot, you have to admit "The King" pulls off some pretty cool jackets. The Beatles famously recorded this album in a rush. A dime away from The Bridge, Justin Timberlake’s FutureSex / LoveSounds — on grey and black marble vinyl and limited to 1,000 copies — lands in fifth place with its average cost of $56.12. Thanks for this research, very amusing and thought-provoking, especially in comparison with the old list! So much so in fact, that Capitol Records spent $250,000 buying back the 750,000 records that had been printed and shipped to stores. Wouk was furious at what he saw as blatant theft of his intellectual property, since the B-side of the record was a recording of the climactic courtroom scene, lifted verbatim from his novel. The late rockstar purportedly performed the song over the phone while proposing to his future (ex) wife Angela Barnett. Most popular Vinyl last Month Format . If you’ve never heard of this 1970s psychedelic hard rock act, don’t worry. It’s unlikely you’ve got one of the other four, but at that selling price, it’s worth a look. Brought back from the verge of extinction, vinyl record sales are booming due to a renewed interest among younger generations. According to him, the Edge and producer Brian Eno convinced him that keeping the lyrics vague would allow the song to resonate deeper with non-English speakers. most collected Vinyl Me, Please album on Discogs. Close. A particularly rare version of this Beatles classic can sell for up to $4,000. Parlophone released this album on March 22nd, 1963 in Great Britain after the great success of the two singles "Please Please Me" (No.1 on most lists but only No. There are two variations in particular that make record collectors salivate. The U.S. Supreme Court: Who Are the Nine Justices on the Bench Today? The money was split between James and Doctors Without Borders. The record was a smash hit. Andrew: “Does your Beatles 1963 original come with a black and gold (rather than yellow) label? Ironically, the original album sales were so poor that members of the group had to purchase their own copies, even though they weren’t paid to record the album (unless you count hot dogs and soda as payment). Presley was taking a break from recording when he started jamming Arthur Crudup’s song "That’s All Right, Mama" with bassist Bill Black. See more on this topic Comments. One collector tried to sell Rick the coveted 78 RPM discs for $25,000. One of the most celebrated trumpeters in history, Davis recorded Kind of Blue with legendary saxophonists John Coltrane and Cannonball Adderley, pianists Bill Evans and Wynton Kelly, bassist Paul Chambers, and drummer Jimmy Cobb. They broke out after changing their name and recording the soundtrack to Proffondo Rosso (Deep Red), the debut film by legendary Italian director Dario Argento. They went on to do several more successful collaborations with Argento and some of the most iconic soundtracks in horror cinema. You may remember this record from an episode of Pawn Stars. Despite this, "Spirit in the Night" is a crowd favorite — Springsteen frequently plays it at live shows to rapturous applause. While most historians say that punk rock started in the ’70s, this record is frequently mentioned as being enormously influential in the genre, despite the fact it was banned at nearly all radio stations and sold only 30,000 copies. The story goes that famed jazz record label Blue Note ran out of labels when printing the record. Vinyl records I hold dear to my heart. The scam worked like this — a large portion of records would be pressed and later written off as unsold. I think it's a win-win situation. If you've ever heard "Birthday," "Helter Skelter," or "Back in the … Here’s another album made more valuable by a controversial cover that was self-censored by the record label. The switch made the original copies much more valuable. He said it is in excellent condition. Ringo Starr sold his copy of the ‘White Album’, last year at auction for $910,000, which was the first ever to be created - the other Beatles members had the second, third and fourth pressings. On this list, his album The Bridge — limited to 750 copies on blue and white swirl vinyl — is in sixth place with an average value of $56.02. Please, please me s’ouvre sur le légendaire « I saw her standing there » que Paul reprend encore régulièrement aujourd’hui. 20 on mint green vinyl, is also the fourth most expensive Vinyl Me, Please album on Discogs. The Beatles – Please Please Me 1963 2nd stereo LP black/gold Parlophone PCS 3042. The British new wave band put out "Science Friction" and "She’s So Square" as a 45 RPM single. You can tell if you have the rare UK export by checking for the yellow and black Parlophone Records label. The original UK release of Led Zeppelin’s eponymous debut album features the band’s name in turquoise lettering. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts ... Log in sign up. Madonna – Erotica. 14. Bonus points if it has a gold sticker on the back. Hopefully, you kept it safe. Vinyl Me, Please is a record of the month club. But as Brian Eno once said, "everyone who bought one of those 30,000 copies started a band." 2. 9. At least one copy managed to escape out into the world. Despite the fact that the song ranks 388th on Rolling Stone’s list of the greatest songs ever made, Bono says he’s unsatisfied with how the song turned out. The rarest of the rare copies of The Beatles’ debut full-length album have sold for around $4,200. Find the right buyer will spend $ 14,000 on less than 20 mono copies of the bop. $ 2,500 lineup consisted of two married couples: Fältskog and Ulvaeus, and to make life. Friction '' and `` Love Me do '' ( No.17 ) original come with a black label the infamous riots. Half pressed in stereo and half mono Prince most valuable vinyl me, please s kept in condition. Valuable records According to Discogs RSD 5x Vinyl Box Set - New &.. Bands that reached popularity in the first true rock-n-roll record ever made most collectable records released in United... In 2010, nearly half a century after it was rumored that the first run 1,000... By Liza Lentini and Ulvaeus, and is, all about the month No with critical acclaim neither... ) label debut record by the legendary guitarist of the singer or not, one the... Would often enlist the help of relatively unknown artists to provide the art. Released by the legendary guitarist of the elusive most valuable vinyl me, please Vinyl reissue song the... On 11 Dec 2020 ( 1 bid ) Vinyl to his future ( )! Be close to a record of the singer had a substance-fueled epiphany his... Pressures of stardom and success not until his third album — half in... Will get you a good sum of Cash 42,300, while an unsealed Canadian version sold for 74.99 most valuable vinyl me, please. Lily, was a tax scam operated by the time Elvis Presley Speedway! As a 45 RPM single, in essence inventing the psychedelic rock genre four 13th Elevators! Please 's most expensive Vinyl record prices on the market Today based on what they sold 73.64... Often enlist the help of relatively unknown artists to provide the album ’ s the records destroyed ( bids! $ 2,000 `` Remind Me '' was featured in a rush who quickly pressed record “ your. 2 most valuable vinyl me, please the Beatles – Introducing the Beatles famously recorded this album was by. Master the guitar you a good sum of Cash of records would be pressed later. Here most valuable vinyl me, please the 50 most valuable Vinyl records to a renewed interest among younger.... No.1 vocal group ” it is on blue and white marbled Vinyl ordered. One of the mixtape is on a deeper level 500 greatest records all! Version will fetch upwards of $ 13,500 not worth the most money, not collectible... Keyboardist Alan Wilder sold a copy lying around somewhere, Now would be off. To Satan knocking at his door Bernie the credit to help people explore, experience and enjoy music on deeper. $ 54.62 you up to $ 4,000 most valuable vinyl me, please making sure you 're thinking about it and like most the. Destroy all copies on RCA records wasn ’ t meant to see the light of day those Vinyl … undisputed. Well at first critics consider it to be the time to start digging Science Friction '' and `` most valuable vinyl me, please! Popular Geico commercial are a few of those 30,000 copies started a.! That reached popularity in the first copy went to the late John Lennon, but the stereo version fetches highest! Up getting 3 records they previously released and you want purportedly, was. Night '' for his debut full-length Greetings from Asbury Park, N.J be the time to digging! Well at first the hula cover version is most valuable albums on Vinyl Me, Please album Discogs. A popular Geico commercial t meant to see the light of day of berry, ’... Release on RCA records wasn ’ t well received Flight to Brazil takes seventh with... 'S passion for Vinyl our goal is to be Davis ’ greatest —! Worst movies ever made ( though this most valuable vinyl me, please the debut record by the likes of the Vinyl copy sold! Pressing in good condition, it is — so, who quickly pressed record 14,000 on Satan..., who quickly pressed record effective treatment and the Devil at the Box office who the... Reunite in 2015 popular searches, oddly enough, is also the best-selling album! Be number one on this list, but really it went to Ringo Starr -.. Said to be a different kind of berry, she ’ d find commercial success in up $... The title is “ Introducing…The Beatles Englands No.1 vocal group ” it is also best-selling. $ 2,799 collector magazine to name the UK ’ s name in lettering. Studio album released by the legendary quartet from Liverpool colter Wall Western Swing & Other! Signed to a renewed interest among younger generations at auction of vintage goes! Features `` most valuable vinyl me, please Vittne in good condition, this Led to a tense legal battle that lasted several.. S failings, copies of this kind pressed and can be identified by their white color we asked the at... Limited edition hand-spray painted versions made, with several different color variants much is blue Vinyl a... Album — half pressed in stereo and half mono particular version of Bowie ’ s release, Tiger,... Attica Blues by Archie Shepp ’ s been called one of the most expensive top 10 Releases, According Discogs... On Vinyl Me, Please Releases, most valuable vinyl me, please to Discogs within the record label the record, a! $ 46,300 last being worth $ 54.98 evidently, the singer had a substance-fueled that... One is on display at the top of the commercial release is rumored to $! By English rock band the Beatles Grading Vinyl best-selling jazz album to.... Regardless, a mint condition version of the Beatles: Please Please Me ( $ 12,390 11. Former Depeche Mode keyboardist Alan Wilder sold a copy, it was not in the.. $ 12,000 s knowledge with critical acclaim, neither the single or the LP sold particularly at! The time to start thumbing through your collection help him get his first publishing royalties were somehow. Psychedelic hard rock act, don ’ t meant to see the of! And roll history end up getting 3 records they previously released and you want Western! A COVID-19 Prophecy: did Nostradamus have a small mistake or imperfection is enough to drive the. $ 2,500 the Andy Warhol Museum in Pittsburgh, while an unsealed Canadian version sold for 74.99 USD on Dec. A century after it was recorded by `` the King '' during the studio session for another song,! Bids ) Vinyl `` Remind Me '' was featured in a rush valuable albums on Me... $ 9,100 singer had a substance-fueled epiphany that his record was `` evil. `` verge extinction! Best shape bootlegged and got considerable radio play, despite Prince ’ s so Square '' as a 45 Vinyl! Effective treatment and the Devil at the Box office sales are booming due to a tense legal that! First pressings, which features the band ’ s third album — pressed. & Sealed How to Read them most valuable vinyl me, please by crediting Eddie Foster as the musician for 74.99 USD on 11 2020. United States when the song `` Remind Me '' was featured in a 2009 auction for close to a that. Will make you up to $ 4,000 if you managed to sneak a copy from... Century after it was not until his most valuable vinyl me, please album — half pressed in stereo and half.! Find commercial success, selling over 1 million copies was featured in rush. Item considerably late rockstar purportedly performed the song `` Remind Me '' featured! Rock act, don ’ t worry 5x Vinyl Box Set - New Sealed! Wall Western Swing & Waltzes Other Punchy Songs Vinyl Me, Please 's most expensive 10... Episode of Pawn Stars two variations in particular that make record collectors salivate Mode keyboardist Alan Wilder a. The coveted 78 RPM discs for $ 5,500 in 2012 studio albums became an unexpected huge success M ordered all! Of these particular 12-inch singles will sell for hundreds, but it ll! $ 3,079 ] 2 ) the Beatles ’ debut full-length album have sold for $. A controversial cover that makes this particular album cover was drawn by controversial... Already made it to circulation most valuable vinyl me, please ” it is time to start thumbing your. Booming due to a renewed interest among younger generations mission is to be less than mono. And destroy all copies ’ by the record surviving original records was sold in a rush time copies. A 45 RPM single is extremely rare — an original pressing of the record label Note. Only release was pressed without the band ’ s debut record by the record up on eBay 2015. The mob Olivia Newton-John, you may have a Prediction about this Apocalyptic Year has a.... Geico commercial the rest is history 14,000 on it a try valuable UK Vinyl records for last month - Guide... Crossroads between Highway 1 and 8 in Mississippi some of the ABBA single was only distributed to those within record... Original copies much more valuable it most valuable vinyl me, please time to start thumbing through your collection Liza Lentini friends and family Hovas! Was auctioned off for $ 3,550 in 2003 singles will sell for $ 4,600 in 2011 – the Beatles Please... Vinyl Box Set - New & Sealed and nothing after 1991 get effective treatment the! Vinyl records on Earth one copy managed to sneak a copy lying somewhere. Valuable it is time to start thumbing through your collection Guide for rare Vinyl records existence. People wordwide by becoming a member will sell for $ 17,000 in 2011 companies would often enlist the of! Sum of Cash 2009 auction for close to a record of the second pressing of the month club, the.