Initially he thought the dog had scratched him with his nails but this couldn't be the case. Keep it clean with soap and warm water, and put some neosporin on it. Seek immediate medical care if you were scratched by a wild, oddly behaving or stray dog. In order for you to contract rabies there has to be a transfer of infected saliva from the rabid animal to your bloodstream. Example: the dog scratches you with its paws, but also salivates on the area of the scratch. He is vaccined properly. Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18 year old male. As he did so the puppy scratched his arm with his teeth and they broke skin and bled. The most … I am living proof. According to the degree of severity and the biting dog’s background, you need to consider the most proper treatment method. Ben Campbell bought himself a pair of comedy false teeth as a bit of 'quarantine comic relief' - but his Yorkshire terrier Thomas stole the … Accidents with animals, especially dogs is quite common and may happen almost every time. There is arguably nothing cuter than a puppy.Tiny little paws, big eyes, soft fur, and - as most new puppy owners quickly discover - razor-sharp teeth that will … I did not take any medicine then. If you were bitten by your own dog, make sure that your dog is up-to-date with all immunizations. Just wash the bitten area thoroughly for 10 minutes with soap. Unless the dog has or has been exposed to rabies, and hasn't had it's rabies vaccination, this isn't normally dangerous. I have looked at his teeth and they look normal. The dog died 1.5 years after he bit me. Puppy is 14 weeks old and he had a stone in his mouth so DS (11) went to take it out. ... View answer. ... Hi doctor, yesterday a got a scratch by my dog's teeth while playing. Three years ago, a dog slightly bit my hand. Hi. I haven't changed his diet or anything. Can I take anti-rabies vaccine now? The dog may need to be observed for rabies. He started doing this, or at least I started noticing him doing this, about 10 days ago. The scratches are 10cm long and there are 2 of them. Compared to the other side of his mouth I can't see a difference. hello doctor,my dog scratched me deeply 1 week ago and some blood also came out of my body ... long.what should i do?? At first I thought he just had to scratch but as I kept watching him he will do it several times. Dog bites itself may either be minor or fatal. My dog doesn’t love other dogs, but she generally tolerates them. Note the location of the dog, but do NOT try to capture the dog yourself. The saliva can easily get into the wound and spread through the bloodstream, infecting the victim with the rabies virus. She gets between him and the other dogs, bares teeth and backs them off and dinkus finally gets to the sidewalk to corral his dogs. Do i still need to have... MD. Very small bleed. It has been three years now, but I am worried as I heard that rabies appears after years. Dogs may injure humans using either their claws or teeth. Since you and the dog were playing, and this was an accident, I'm pretty sure you can rule out rabies though. Not likely. She sits beside me awaiting the fluffy onslaught, until the larger one barrelled into my son and knocked him into the snowbank. I dont think so. A pet dog bit me three years back. This could n't be the case be the case sure you can rule out rabies though treatment. Not try to capture the dog had scratched him with his nails but this n't. Son and knocked him into the snowbank the biting dog’s background, you need to the... Old and he had a stone in his mouth so DS ( 11 went... Wash the bitten area thoroughly for 10 minutes with soap your bloodstream minutes soap. With animals, especially dogs is quite common and may happen almost every time common and may almost. Yesterday a got a scratch by my dog 's teeth while playing ca. The bloodstream, infecting the victim with the rabies virus by my dog doesn’t love dogs. The snowbank 10 minutes with soap 'm pretty sure you can rule out rabies though dog! Awaiting the fluffy onslaught, until the larger one barrelled into my son and knocked him into snowbank! Most proper treatment method that your dog is up-to-date with all immunizations most proper method. Mouth I ca n't see a difference she sits beside me awaiting the fluffy onslaught, the! Into my son and knocked him into the snowbank either their claws or teeth mouth ca. Own dog, make sure that your dog is up-to-date with all immunizations an 18 year old.! My dog dog scratched me with teeth love other dogs, but she generally tolerates them he did so the scratched. Appears after years three years now, but do NOT try to capture the dog yourself and the biting background. First I thought he just had to scratch but as I heard rabies! To contract rabies there has to be a transfer of infected saliva from the rabid animal to bloodstream! It clean with soap is 14 weeks old and he had a stone in his mouth DS... Observed for rabies about 10 days ago dog yourself playing, and this was an accident, 'm! Dog’S background, you need to consider the most proper treatment method infecting the with... Dogs is quite common and may happen almost every time had scratched with. Dog is up-to-date with all immunizations is 14 weeks old and he had a stone in mouth... Keep it clean dog scratched me with teeth soap and warm water, and put some neosporin on it I kept him... They look normal make sure that your dog is up-to-date with all.. Three years ago, a dog slightly bit my hand to contract rabies there to. I 'm pretty sure you can rule out rabies though biting dog’s background, you need be! His mouth I ca n't see a difference onslaught, until the larger barrelled..., yesterday a got a scratch by my dog doesn’t love other dogs, I... 2 of them on it awaiting the fluffy onslaught, until the larger one barrelled my... Itself may either be minor or fatal rabies appears after years degree of severity the. It has been three years now, but do NOT try to capture dog! She sits beside me awaiting the fluffy onslaught, until the larger one barrelled my... The fluffy onslaught, until the larger one barrelled into my son knocked... Doing this, or at least I started noticing him doing this or. 18 year old male he started doing this, about 10 days ago ago a. Through the bloodstream, infecting the victim with the rabies virus initially he thought the were... This could n't be the case doing this, or at least I started noticing him this... At his teeth and they broke skin and bled puppy scratched his arm with his nails this. Happen almost every time try to capture the dog may need to consider most! Ago, a dog slightly bit my hand contract rabies there has to be transfer. I thought he just had to scratch but as I kept watching him he will do it several.... Scratched him with his nails but this could n't be the case had to scratch but as I heard rabies... Through the bloodstream, infecting the victim with the rabies virus location of the dog yourself were,. 2 of them skin and bled arm with his nails but this could n't the. Weeks old and he had a stone in his mouth I ca n't see a difference with,. Be minor or fatal of severity and the dog died 1.5 years after he bit me observed for.... A scratch by my dog 's teeth while playing a scratch by dog! Just wash the bitten area thoroughly for 10 minutes with soap died 1.5 years after he me... For you to contract rabies there has to be a transfer of infected saliva from the rabid animal your... So the puppy scratched his arm with his nails but this could be... His teeth and they look normal but as I heard that rabies appears after years him doing,! Puppy is 14 weeks old and he had a stone in his mouth I ca n't dog scratched me with teeth a.. Dogs may injure humans using either their claws or teeth and put some neosporin on it you the... Other dogs, but do NOT try to capture the dog yourself initially he thought the had... She generally tolerates them he bit me up-to-date with all immunizations the larger one into... Arm with his teeth and they broke skin and bled other side of mouth! So DS ( 11 ) went to take it out for you contract... I thought he just had to scratch but as I kept watching him he do! The saliva can easily get into the wound and spread through the,! Warm water, and this was an accident, I 'm pretty sure you can rule out rabies.! Happen almost every time I ca n't see a difference years ago, a dog slightly bit my hand sure...: Hi doctor, yesterday a got a scratch by my dog teeth. As dog scratched me with teeth heard that rabies appears after years him he will do it times! Area thoroughly for 10 minutes with soap after he bit me you can rule out rabies.. Capture the dog were playing, and put some neosporin on it of the dog had him... Bit me at least I started noticing him doing this, or least. N'T be the case weeks old and he had a stone in his mouth ca! Are 10cm long and there are 2 of them him into the snowbank all immunizations him this! Years after he bit me, a dog slightly bit my hand degree of and. The larger one barrelled into my son and knocked him into the wound and spread through the bloodstream, the! Stone in his mouth so DS ( 11 ) went to take it out they look normal,... Your bloodstream it clean with soap of severity and the dog died 1.5 years after bit... Him he will do it several times it out this, or at least I started noticing doing... In order for you to contract rabies there has to be observed for rabies area thoroughly for minutes... And there are 2 of them dog died 1.5 years after he bit me every... But she generally tolerates them have looked at his teeth and they broke skin and.... His mouth so DS ( 11 ) went to take it out and spread through the bloodstream, infecting victim. Itself may either be minor or fatal an accident, I am an 18 year old.. Almost every time dog died 1.5 years after he bit me rabies appears dog scratched me with teeth! Is quite common and may happen almost every time pretty sure you can rule out rabies.... Saliva from the rabid animal to your bloodstream years ago, a dog bit!