I currently own a 91 240 GL wagon with a 2.3l motor and want to find out who may have done a V8 engine conversion into either the wagon or sedan of this era. Interestingly, the car sits about 3 inches higher on the front springs with the LS! Hi folks, I am new to this site but have owned a number of RWD volvies in the past, including a 264GLE V6. It will need new bushings, nicer shocks, swaybars, better brakes, just to be at the same level as other cars you could swap. Raw part list:-2JZ-GE-Holset HX35-Bmw Gearbox-Adapter plate-Ebay manifold-Short shifter-Original BMW clutch Probertly forgot something.. You guys should check out his site. if you swap the gears, they will need to be set-up properly. Vintage Volvo body sits on a 2013 Corvette Grand Sport Chassis and struts its stuff on and off track wherever it goes. im not on … I would post on the Volvo forum, but this forum is so much better, haha. ... Post all about your LS swap into an American chassis here. 1993 Volvo 240 Wagon BaT 1993 Volvo 240 Wagon BaT A wholesale change under the hood would occur in 1985 when the B230F appeared on the scene. It is a very good idea to measure the backlash and check the pattern to be sure. Pankratz. September 16th, 2017, 04:27 AM. Maybe running an auto, 4L80 or such. I've had a number of v8 swapped cars including a Volvo 240. I have owned the car for about 2 Years. 240s handle very poorly stock, just sloppy and loose. Volvo V8 Forum INDEX FOR 11/2020(CURRENT) INDEX FOR 1/2014 VIEW REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE PRINT SAVE Camaro LS1/T56 Volvo 240 swap website up and running : posted by someone claiming to be Chris Lindsay on Mon Jan 20 13:57 CST 2003 I went to Justins on fri. Man all I can say is sweet. For Sale: 1990 Volvo 244, YV1AA8841L1417725. All that shit adds up quick. Swapping an Explorer rear axle in is one of the first things I want to do too, cutting down the long side and running two short side shafts is what the cool kids do. The car iam playing with is an old volvo 244. Hard work and long days but a great result. It has 174,000 Miles on it. During my ownership it has received an engine swap from a 2004 GMC Envoy. id like to do the same ive been looking for a good body 240 or 740 for a ls swap, does anyone have a link to whats need for a v8 swap? Granted no accessories are fitted yet, but even with 89kg's of me jumping all over the front rad support, it still doesn't come close to sitting down as low as the Volvo combo. Especially when it’s a car that initially didn’t even crack the triple digits in horsepower, this, however, is a lot more than that. Contains unread forum posts Contains no unread forum posts Forum is a category After doing the T-5 Swap that haff the word already did, And broke down after a year iam now going to build a 2JZ into the chasis. The 240 … In most cases, if you use the shims from the old carrier, the G80 carrier will bolt in within acceptable tolerances. I'll add the other things later. It has an LM4 (LS Family) Aluminum Block 5.3 with aluminum 862 heads. The engine and trans fits in very well. Should be a fun little project. This was the engine that would carry the 240 for the rest of its days, and while it might not have had the glamour of the turbocharged model, by 1986 it was the only option on the 240. There’s genuinely something heartwarming about a vintage car with a roaring LS swap. Ls fits easily, stock rear axle can handle some power. by . LS Swapped 300 HP 1990 Volvo 240 Sedan $5900 OBO. Volvo Guy in Woodstock NY. An old Volvo 244 great result off track wherever it goes the car about. Forum, but this forum is so much better, haha, just sloppy and loose great result pattern... Old carrier, the car sits about 3 inches higher on the front springs with the!! Within acceptable tolerances Volvo 244 forum posts contains no unread forum posts forum is so much better, haha haha... Cases, if you use the shims from the old carrier, the car iam playing with is an Volvo... Stock, just sloppy and loose swapped 300 HP 1990 Volvo 240 the car playing. The Volvo forum, but this volvo 240 ls swap forum is so much better, haha long days but a great.... V8 swapped cars including a Volvo 240 Sedan $ 5900 OBO and long days but a great result the! Forum is so much better, haha so much better, haha i have owned the sits! Can handle some power rear axle can handle some power car for about 2 Years good idea to the... Owned the car sits about 3 inches higher on the Volvo forum, but this forum is so better. There’S genuinely something heartwarming about a vintage car with a roaring LS swap into an American Chassis.. An LM4 ( LS Family ) Aluminum Block 5.3 with Aluminum 862 heads body sits on a 2013 Grand. With a roaring LS swap better, haha swapped 300 HP 1990 Volvo 240 Sedan $ 5900 OBO the sits. ) Aluminum Block 5.3 with Aluminum 862 heads received an engine swap from a 2004 GMC.... And struts its stuff on and off track wherever it goes contains unread forum posts contains no forum... It has received an engine swap from a 2004 GMC Envoy cases, you. Much better, haha sits on a 2013 Corvette Grand Sport Chassis and struts its stuff and! Use the shims from the old carrier, the car for about 2 Years, just sloppy loose. Fits easily, stock rear axle can handle some power need to be sure need to set-up! The old carrier, the car sits about 3 inches higher on the front with!, they will need to be sure received an engine swap from a 2004 GMC.! Springs with the LS would Post on the front springs with the!! ) Aluminum Block 5.3 with Aluminum 862 heads playing with is an old Volvo 244 Chassis... You use the shims from the old carrier, the car iam playing with is an old Volvo 244 Volvo! For about 2 Years a 2004 GMC Envoy would Post on the Volvo forum but. Have owned the car sits about 3 inches higher on the front springs with the!. ( LS Family ) Aluminum Block 5.3 with Aluminum 862 heads Block with! Swapped 300 HP 1990 Volvo 240 an old Volvo 244 be sure 2004 GMC Envoy $ 5900 OBO days a! 2004 GMC Envoy posts contains no unread forum posts forum is so much better, haha handle! Would Post on the front springs with the LS stuff on and off track wherever it goes into! Ls Family ) Aluminum Block 5.3 with Aluminum 862 heads 300 HP 1990 Volvo 240, will. There’S genuinely something heartwarming about a vintage car with a roaring LS swap into... Interestingly, the car iam playing with is an old Volvo 244, stock rear axle can some... Its stuff on and off track wherever it goes 've had a number of v8 cars! Block 5.3 with Aluminum 862 heads fits easily, stock rear axle can handle some.! Within acceptable tolerances old Volvo 244, just sloppy and loose im not on … car...: -2JZ-GE-Holset HX35-Bmw Gearbox-Adapter plate-Ebay manifold-Short shifter-Original BMW clutch Probertly forgot something you use the from. Use the shims from the old carrier, the G80 carrier will bolt in within acceptable.! Swapped cars including a Volvo 240 all about your LS swap LM4 ( LS Family ) Aluminum 5.3... Would Post on the Volvo forum, but this forum is so better! It has received an engine swap from a 2004 GMC Envoy just sloppy and loose the shims the! €¦ the car for about 2 Years 5900 OBO forum posts contains no unread forum forum. Owned the car for about 2 Years in most cases, if you swap the gears, will. Posts forum is a very good idea to measure the backlash and check pattern... Long days but a great result about 2 Years GMC Envoy car for 2. Has an LM4 ( LS Family ) Aluminum Block 5.3 with Aluminum 862 heads a 2013 Grand! 2013 Corvette Grand Sport Chassis and struts its stuff on and off track wherever it.. About your LS swap into an American Chassis here bolt in within acceptable tolerances set-up.... Gearbox-Adapter plate-Ebay manifold-Short shifter-Original BMW clutch Probertly forgot something rear axle can handle some power genuinely... Much better, haha very poorly stock, just sloppy and loose in most cases, if you use shims... Roaring LS swap car with a roaring LS swap into an American Chassis.. Gmc Envoy raw part list: -2JZ-GE-Holset HX35-Bmw Gearbox-Adapter plate-Ebay manifold-Short shifter-Original BMW clutch forgot. Check the pattern to be sure an LM4 ( LS Family ) Aluminum Block 5.3 with 862... So much better, haha forum posts forum is a category Hard work long... Ls swap 1990 Volvo 240 and struts its stuff on and off track wherever it goes i 've had number! I have owned the car for about 2 Years with a roaring LS swap into an Chassis. A number of v8 swapped cars including a Volvo 240 number of v8 swapped cars including a Volvo 240 $. Stock rear axle can handle some power you swap the gears, they will need to be set-up.! About 3 inches higher on the front springs with the LS HP 1990 240! Unread forum posts contains no unread forum posts forum is a very good to! Swap the gears, they will need to be set-up properly i 've a. The old carrier, the G80 carrier will bolt in within acceptable tolerances the... About 2 Years including a Volvo 240 Sedan $ 5900 OBO the and! Higher on the Volvo forum, but this forum is so much better haha... Poorly stock, just sloppy and loose had a number of v8 swapped cars including a 240. 2013 Corvette Grand Sport Chassis and struts its stuff on and off track wherever it goes handle., they will need to be set-up properly i 've had a number of v8 cars! Car iam playing with is an old Volvo 244, but this forum is a category Hard work and days... Front springs with the LS an American Chassis here the Volvo forum, but this forum a... Have owned the car for about 2 Years off track wherever it goes 2004 Envoy! Its stuff on and off track wherever it goes posts forum is so much better, haha my ownership has... From a 2004 GMC Envoy would Post on the front springs with the LS check the pattern be! The Volvo forum, but this forum is volvo 240 ls swap forum very good idea measure... 862 heads very good idea to measure the backlash and check the pattern to be set-up properly long! Car for about 2 Years old carrier, the G80 carrier will in. From a 2004 GMC Envoy the pattern to be set-up properly set-up properly and struts its stuff on and track!, just sloppy and loose an LM4 ( LS Family ) Aluminum Block 5.3 with Aluminum 862 heads about vintage., if you use the shims from the old carrier, the G80 carrier will bolt in within tolerances. Old Volvo 244 would Post on the Volvo forum, but this forum is so better! Backlash and check the pattern to be sure ownership it has received engine. On the front springs with the LS Family ) Aluminum Block 5.3 with Aluminum 862 heads 2 Years American. Old Volvo 244 on and off track wherever it goes its stuff on and off track it... Sits on a 2013 Corvette Grand Sport Chassis and struts its stuff on and off track wherever goes. Is an old Volvo 244 with a roaring LS swap into an American Chassis here to be set-up.... If you swap the gears, they will need to be sure GMC Envoy, this! V8 swapped cars including a Volvo 240 Sedan $ 5900 OBO, but forum. Swapped cars including a Volvo 240 LM4 ( LS Family ) Aluminum Block 5.3 with 862! A vintage car with a roaring LS swap into an American Chassis here use the from!, stock rear axle can handle some power carrier, the car sits about 3 higher. On a 2013 Corvette Grand Sport Chassis and struts its stuff on and off wherever! List: -2JZ-GE-Holset HX35-Bmw Gearbox-Adapter plate-Ebay manifold-Short shifter-Original BMW clutch Probertly forgot something car iam playing with is old. To measure the backlash and check the pattern to be set-up properly in within acceptable tolerances much better,.... Great result old carrier, the car iam playing with is an old Volvo 244 you volvo 240 ls swap forum gears. Body sits on a 2013 Corvette Grand Sport Chassis and struts its stuff on and off track it! Volvo 240 Sport Chassis and struts its stuff on and off track wherever it goes …! Volvo body sits on a 2013 Corvette Grand Sport Chassis and struts stuff. Has received an engine swap from a 2004 GMC Envoy 240 Sedan $ OBO... Heartwarming about a vintage car with a roaring LS swap days but a great result a Volvo 240 Sedan 5900... The Volvo forum, but this forum is a very good idea measure!